Thursday, April 10, 2014

One Year Later

It's been a whole year since I tied the knot with my soulmate. And what a year it's been! You know, I didn't think getting married would change things so drastically. Honestly, getting married didn't change things so dramatically, but so much has changed in one year, mainly because of her.

My daughter, the love of my life

I didn't know that we would be welcoming a new little one into our lives so soon. In the same year, I got married, changed positions at my job, got new baby sugar gliders, and (of course most importantly) had my own baby. When I think of where I was a year ago (one day married, still an admin, unknowing that a new bundle of joy was on the way), I never would have fathomed that I would be where I am now. Where am I? Completely happy.

So, that's my update after one year of marriage. Also, since yesterday was our anniversary, we did the normal tradition of eating year-old cake. Remember what our cake looked like when it was fresh?



We saved the middle section with our faces to eat on our one-year wedding anniversary (it's actually our nine-year anniversary of being together). This is what it looked like after being in the freezer for a year.



So, I guess when I crammed it into the bowl, it wrinkled the fondant on our faces a bit. But it still looks pretty good, and it actually tasted good too. I've heard from other people who partook of the year-old-cake-eating tradition that their cake wasn't very good. Ours tasted just the same as it did a year ago, so I was quite pleased. And we couldn't eat a hunk of cake this big, so we still have some left for later.

I'll post again after our day date on Saturday. Since we have our little Tiny Dancer, we didn't have the chance to actually celebrate after work yesterday, but her Nanie agreed to watch her while we do a day date on Saturday. So far, Captain America: Winter Soldier and a meal is on the agenda.

While I don't know where the path through life will take me, I can say with authority that after a year of marriage I know that every passing day just makes me love Cliff that much more. He is the love of my life (who gave me a second love of my life), and I cherish every second I have with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment