Monday, September 16, 2013

An Update

I've been enjoying married life for a few months now. But things have changed dramatically. And here's the reason...
For those of you who can't figure this out, it means I'm pregnant.


So, yeah. That happened. One week to the day after Cliff and I married, we found out we are expecting. We're moving straight from husband and wife into mom and dad. And as always, it takes some adjusting. But for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy (i.e., the first trimester), I wasn't feeling so great.  I was nauseated and tired ALL...THE...TIME! My body was just screaming, "What is this foreign being that you have allowed to run amok?" But at the eight week mark, although I wasn't feeling better (and wouldn't for another five to six weeks), we got our first glimpse of the precious bundle I'm carrying.

Too precious...like a little teddy bear!


Then a couple weeks after that, we got to hear the heartbeat.



After that, it wasn't long before I started to feel normal again, although I was starting to develop my baby bump. During week 18, we got our second ultrasound that showed an active little baby. Lots of kicking, waving of arms and otherwise just flipping around. It's funny that I couldn't feel a single bit of that movement, but she was still quite small. Oh, that's what else we discovered. We have a little girl! And she's just too precious already.

Rubbing her eyes with those little hands.

I don't have pictures of the progression of my baby bump, but one of my coworkers who does great photography did an awesome maternity photo shoot over the weekend. Check out some of the pictures below.



So, that's it for the moment. Married life is great...but expectant mother life just makes it that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment