Although this has nothing to do with my own planning, I wanted to include a post about the bachelorette party my little sister threw for me. Jade has been talking about doing a bachelorette party for me since she found out I got engaged. At first, we were going to do the party on Sunday, March 31. But after we realized that day is actually Easter Sunday, we moved it up a week to Saturday, March 23.
It was a very low-key party, which is probably best for me. Although I am planning a wedding, I'm really not a center of attention type of person. I usually like being the one on the sidelines cheering on the team rather than being hoisted onto shoulders for kicking the winning field goal. But I didn't resist the attention this time.
My party had a low attendance with just Jade, her friend Rob, Brenda and Jennifer (Cliff's sister, which I wouldn't normally label except for the fact that I have sister Jennifer as well).
Jade had been very hush-hush about the plans for the party. I knew she wanted it to be a surprise for me, so I didn't ask a lot of questions. When she got to my house to get me, she presented me with a gift which included a bachelorette sash and tiara to wear. So much for trying to blend into the crowd gracefully. But like a good sport, I put on the adornments and did a little pageant wave.
Jade then drove me over to Tilted Kilt, where we met everyone else for lunch. Yea! I love Tilted Kilt. They have great food and a good atmosphere. And they were nice enough to give us a corner table where Jade could put the decorations. So, we ate, talked, had drinks, and I felt some of my nerves about the wedding starting to calm down. I'm not nervous about being married. As far as I'm concerned, Cliff and I have been together long enough that we are already an old married couple. I'm just nervous that some small thing will fall through the cracks.
Anyway, after we had lunch and drinks, we left the restaurant. Jennifer and Brenda had to go their separate ways, but Jade was ready to extend the fun by letting me choose whatever I wanted. So, first I opted to go to the Bra Patch.
I thought it sounded silly that I wanted to go there, but I haven't ever been fitted for a bra, so I wanted to see if my size has changed since I've dropped over 80 lbs. It hasn't, but I did manage to find a cute little corset-style bra to wear with my wedding dress. And Jade gets to be the one to help get me all squeezed into it. Thank goodness I did go with someone so she could see how it works.
After leaving the bra store, I wanted to go downtown to one of my new favorite vegan restaurants to get dessert and drinks. So, Jade, Rob and I went to Remedy where I opted to the chocolate peanut butter pie.
It was really good, but it in no way compared to the sopapilla cheesecake I had previously. Rob actually ordered that, so I was a little jealous.
After leaving Remedy, we made two more quick stops.
Ok, I know this is probably TMI, but it was the last quick stop for my party. I wanted to get a little something pretty for my wedding night, so I had to stop by one of these stores to find it. Yes, I probably could have gotten something at Target or Walmart, but I'm treating myself. It's not everyday that you find yourself 80 lbs lighter and planning for the perfect little simple wedding.
So, that was it. A very simple, relaxing and fun bachelorette party, courtesy of my sweet and wonderful sister.

No comments:
Post a Comment