I'm not sure certified is the right word, but it's the word I'm going with. Yesterday afternoon, Cliff and I made our way to the Register of Deeds in downtown Raleigh.
Since neither of us have done the work to become notaries, we were at the Register of Deeds for the obvious reason: to get our marriage license. I'm curious why some of the questions are asked on the form for applying for the marriage license. Like, why do I need to include the information about where my parents were born? Why do I need to include information about my parents at all? No, seriously, can anyone answer this? I'm quite curious about the reason behind this. So, after filling out the form, assuring the state that we're not related and forking over $60, we had our license in hand.
After getting this crucial piece of paper, Cliff and I celebrated with a quick snack from buku.
This amazing little snack is the German style pretzel knots with honey mustard. It was really good and certainly hit the spot for a quick snack.
Now that we have the license in hand, I'm really starting to get nervous that I'm going to forget something. I have a checklist going that I started the other night, and I'm going to start piling some things in a box to make sure I have everything ready to go when we leaving in a couple of weeks. Less than a month and so much to do. But no matter what, at the end we'll be married, and that's all that matters.


No comments:
Post a Comment