Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bridal Shower

I really love the company where I work. The people there are so friendly, and I really feel that most everyone there likes me. It is really humbling to realize that there are people who really appreciate me, and I in return appreciate them as well.

My boss, the office manager (aka Jennifer) asked me at the end of January if I would like to have a wedding shower. I didn't think I would get one otherwise. I think because Cliff and I have been together for so long that people just assume that we don't need anything. We might not need anything, but I definitely want to upgrade my stuff. So, I put up a registry on Amazon so I could get some new supplies to start off my marriage properly.

The ladies were certainly generous.



A few gifts and a basket brimming with gift cards. But before I opened gifts, we had lunch. It was great: wraps (I opted for veggie), chips and dip (my weakness), salad and fruit. I really tried hard to stay on track by having low calories, but I failed. Oh well. It's the only bridal shower I was going to get, and I was intent on enjoying it. Mary (my sweet coworker/friend who sits near me) had asked what my favorite color and flower is a few weeks ago. She decorated with a lovely orchid (which I didn't get a picture of until we were cleaning up), and there were pretty Carolina blue napkins.



Mary also had the creative touch of arranging the tables in X and O shapes to symbolize my hugs and kisses.



After we scarfed up the delicious lunch, it was time to open presents. I'm not one for being the center of attention, but they had a special seat for me right by the present table.



There were so many things to open and look at and cards to read. It was so exciting. I mean, I know what was on my registry, but I was still happy to see what people got me.

Wooden spoons were among some of the kitchen-ware I received.

As well as this awesome stone casserole dish.

Amazon really benefitted from me being one of their loyal customers. I got the hook up in gift cards.

Everyone picked out such nice cards. I need to go back and reread them.


My guests watched the spectacle of my gift opening, patiently awaiting some cake.

As I opened gifts, they began to pass around cake. I had every intention of avoiding the dessert table. I failed. But honestly, it just looked so delicious.



After all was through, I had to get some shots of my copious bounty.

These are all just Amazon cards...yippee! I also got a couple Visa cards and a Chili's card...hooray!

While I feel like I've been married to Cliff for years, I never realized what awesome gifts you could get just by legally becoming a spouse. Thanks to all my wonderful ladies. You are all my friends, sisters and (one in particular) work mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment