Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Funday at Barkwells

It was lovely waking up this morning and seeing this type of view by opening the patio door.



Our morning started with breakfast at a restaurant nearby.



I found a menu for Mills River Restaurant in a notebook at our cabin, and it advertised a nice breakfast menu. I love getting breakfast at little local diners. For some reason, I feel like they have such good coffee. So, I opted to get the Mexican omelet, which had chili, jalapeƱos, tomatoes and cheese. It came with grits and a biscuit. It was really good. But it didn't compare to Cliff's amazing French toast meal.

After breakfast, we headed over to Walmart to pick up some essentials we need for the wedding. I had to get a slip, and Cliff also needed some sort of clothing for his outfit. We also got some food to have for snacks.

When we got home, I was ready to get outside with my puppies. I knew they would love some time by the little pond. Piper loves to play ball, so I picked up the Chuck-It and headed down to the open area, which we could access through the gate of our little fenced-in yard. Here are pictures from our playtime this afternoon.

The view from the gate.

Our cabin, the Libby

There was a nice bench on the dock for sitting and enjoying the pond.

There is a little "beach" at one end of the pond.

A tiny little waterfall at the side of the pond.

Piper is just dying to swim...but he's a little too nervous.

Tokie checking out the pond from the dock.

My pretty girl

After our time by the pond, I was ready to come in to relax. Let me give you a tour of our little "Home Away from Home". Welcome to the Libby!

A nice romantic fireplace beneath the flat screen

There is a nice loft. Here's the view from the living room.

And here's the room up those stairs...very cozy.

The second, unused bedroom.

And here's the comfy master bedroom.

A nice chair for blogging.
One of my favorite features, the hot tub

And I love this porch swing...perfect for a nice read.

We spent the afternoon relaxing. All the rich food we've been eating has left us both feeling rather crappy. We finally pulled it together enough to venture to Asheville. After indulging in all these animal-based foods, I was ready for a vegan meal. Our journey led us to Laughing Seed Cafe, where we found  Duck Rabbit Porter as well as a vegan cuban sandwich and taco salad. I loved the food, but Cliff wasn't feeling so great about all the jalapeƱos.



After we left the restaurant, we headed over the Hot Stuff Tattoo to have a conversation with our tattoo artist and introduce ourselves. We met Kris and talked to him about our concept. Now, I feel like we're all on the same page, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished ink after our appointment tomorrow.

Until then, I'm just enjoying the quiet solitude of this awesome little dog resort. I'm hoping tomorrow I can get up and go running before our tattoo appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment