![]() |
| I found this picture on the web. Trust me, no snow on the ground today. |
I didn't have my usual breakfast. Instead, I tried something new...a scramble with hollandaise sauce. I didn't like it as much as my usual. Oh, well. Better luck next time.
After breakfast, we went home and got busy with packing bags, finishing with cleaning and getting the car ready. We managed to fit everything in the back seat and put the dogs in the cargo area. We hit the road around noon.
Our first stop was to pick up the cake. It looked so amazing. I was so excited about it when we got a look at the awesome work they had done.
Cliff loaded the cake into the car in the special box we had built just for the trip, and we were on our way. Oh, did I forget to mention that we also bought these?
They just looked so sad in the case that we had to rescue them.
It was a long 4-hour journey to Barkwells, but we had Billy Idol radio on Cliff's Pandora channel to keep us company. We were in the home stretch when we started to see mountains.
We finally got to Barkwells around 5:30 p.m. Ellen, one of the owners, gave us a tour of the cabin we rented and showed us the common areas where the dogs could play. I'll post another post about the great location with lots of pictures very soon.
After we got settled and let the dogs play, Cliff and I wanted to get some dinner. We've been craving pizza from the Asheville Pizza & Brewing Company. We found out there is a location not far from Barkwells, so we got on our way to have delicious pizza.
We grabbed garlic knots, a 6-pack of beer and a custom pizza with pepperoni, garlic butter sauce, banana pepper, roasted red pepper and smoked gouda. This location was take-out only, so we were happy to get back to the cabin to eat our pizza and garlic knots. And it was delicious.
After dinner, a dip in the hot tub and some TV, the rigors of the day caught up to me, and I was ready to get to sleep. I'm so excited about this week. Look, even Hue is having a fabulous time in Asheville.






No comments:
Post a Comment