I woke up this morning around 8 a.m. I immediately launched into getting ready mode, all the while avoiding looking at Cliff. I wanted to maintain the not seeing each other tradition before the wedding, so I spent a lot of the morning looking in another direction and walking backwards to avoid him. He's a good sport and played along. And although I couldn't look at him, I still made him breakfast before Jade and I headed out for my hair and makeup appointment.
One thing I had read is to be sure to eat breakfast the day of the wedding because the last thing I needed was to get lightheaded and faint as I was trying to say my vows. So, Jade and I left a little early for my appointment so we could stop here.
We both ate bagels with cream cheese and drank coffee, and then we headed back on our way to Adorn Salon in downtown Asheville.
 |
| Jade and my obligatory car shot. |
I was excited to see that I knew the area well where the salon is. It is located right across the street from the Urban Nest, a little condo Cliff and I stayed in last year for our anniversary vacation in Asheville.
After I got over my initial excitement, I was ready to sit in the salon chair to have my hair put up and my face painted. Jade took some pictures of the process.
 |
| First, Amanda did my hair. |
 |
| I love this artistic shot Jade got of me in a hanging mirror. |
 |
| My finished do. |
 |
| Halfway there...now, onto the makeup. |
 |
| A little look of smug. |
 |
| Checking out how the veil looks with the do. |
 |
| Back in the car and on the way to the ceremony. |
After I finished with hair and makeup, I was ready to get over to Brittany's Mountain Retreat for the ceremony. I wanted to be sure I got there at least an hour early so I would have time to get myself ready. Fast forward to me getting into all my clothes, and here are some shots of me patiently awaiting the start of the ceremony.
 |
| Little sis and me. |
 |
| Big sis and me. |
 |
| Jade helping me with the veil. |
 |
| Looks like I'm ready. |
 |
| I like to think in this one that I'm looking toward my future. |
Around 3 p.m., it was time for the ceremony to begin. Cliff and the officiant were already by the stone circle. Everyone else started making their way to the circle, and I came out last. I'll admit that as I made my way across the yard to the stone circle, I tripped. I don't know if anyone got it on camera, but it is a moment I can laugh about instead of being horrified by it. Anyway, here are some pics of the ceremony. And by the way, the weather was gorgeous and completely on our side.
 |
| Making my long walk |
 |
| Joining my soulmate |
 |
| Making our walk around the circle |
 |
| With the officiant, Michelle Smith |
 |
| Starting our vows, sealing them in stone |
 |
| Our first kiss as husband and wife |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Garrett |
After the ceremony, we signed the marriage license and then took some pictures with the photographer. I will post those once I get them from the photographer. After the photo session, we were ready to get some cake and do the toast.
 |
| Hooray! The cake still looks awesome. And it tasted awesome as well. |
 |
| Cliff, the gracious host, pouring the champagne and sparkling apple juice. |
 |
| Another picture of our inked heart |
Once we had some cake, chocolate rocks and bubbly beverage, we said our thanks to our guests and mentioned that we would be going to dinner at Strada for anyone who wanted to join us. Jade and Rob decided to join us, but everyone else needed to hit the road. Cliff and I are still on vacation, but everyone else had to return to their daily lives. We completely understand. So, we said our goodbyes with lots of hugs. Then Cliff and I needed to get changed out of our wedding clothes for our "night on the town clothes". With Rob's help, we got the car loaded, and then it was time to leave...to start our new life together.
 |
| Ready to celebrate properly |
 |
| Maybe I'm starting the celebrating a little early? |
 |
| We're on our way! |
Looks like it was a beautiful day and wedding both! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing details of your day Stephanie. I love everything about your wedding and I am glad you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteThis is Michelle BTW .. :-)
DeleteThanks for the kind thoughts! It was a beautiful day, and I'm happy things went off without a hitch. My biggest concern was the weather, and I couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like everything was beautiful...especially you! So happy for you!! Sally
ReplyDelete