I just booked a week at Barkwells, A Dog Lover's Retreat for the week of our wedding. I'm so excited about going here. It's not just about getting married. I absolutely love Asheville. It's the only place in NC that I really like to vacation. There is so much good food and beer, and this little retreat will be perfect for our little furballs. They will be able to run around off leash and just be carefree dogs for a week.
We had thought about having our ceremony here as well, but when I spoke with the owner over the phone, he sounded a bit hesitant about it. They've had weddings there before, but it sounds like he doesn't really want to make a habit of it. I can understand. They are in the vacation rental business, not the special event business.
At any rate, it will be so nice to get away for a week. We've opted to rent the Libby cabin. It's the biggest, and I liked its location right by the pond.

No comments:
Post a Comment