Friday, November 9, 2012

Flowers - Or Lack Thereof

I think flowers are beautiful, and they smell great. But I've never been one to really enjoy a vase of flowers like so many other people do. I guess I enjoy flowers while they are still attached to the root, still have a life force flowing through them. So, with our natural theme, I knew that I would want to find our floral decorations as more of a natural motif.

Enter Etsy. I'm really beginning to love Etsy. I didn't realize how many really neat, unique items were on there until now. As I was searching for a bouquet that would work perfectly in my wedding ceremony, I stumbled across this little number that will look great pinned to Cliff's outfit:



I'm such a nut for dragonflies. It's like the owner of this Etsy shop made it specially for me. So, once I had found the perfect boutonniere, I knew she would have the perfect bouquet for me. Well, her selection is very lovely, and there are a few things I like. Unfortunately, I didn't see the perfect one. So, I contacted her to see if she could make me a custom bouquet. I really like what she had done with the pine cones and lichen on some of her other offerings, but of course, I wanted to include the one element of my theme: a rock of some sort.

And wouldn't you know it, she is able to accommodate. Apparently, she has made some boutonnieres with lava rock, so she is going to custom make my bouquet and incorporate lava rock, twigs and lichen into it. I can't wait to see how it turns out and put a picture up here with it.

--------

Update 3/2/13: I received my bouquet today, and it is just gorgeous. Myste did a really nice job. She even matched the ribbon of the bouquet to the boutonniere. Here's a pic of the bouquet that she sent to me when it shipped. I'm so excited about how well it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment