Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dress for Success

I said I wasn't going to buy my dress. I've been working hard to lose weight, and I'm doing extremely well (if I do say so myself). I expect to lose more weight before the wedding. But here's the dilemma. I actually found a dress that I love. It's very simple, inexpensive and, as one of my coworkers said, it looks like me. So, I went ahead and ordered it in my current size. I could have just waited until January or February, but the problem is that I've looked at clothes before, and when seasons change, so does the inventory in department stores. It'll be easy enough for me to get it altered when I lose more weight, right? So, here is the beautiful little dress that will make me feel like a princess on our special day.



--------

Update 11/21/12: I received the dress last week. I tried it on (with the help of my sister) and it fits well. It's a little tight in the empire waist, but my continuing weight loss will fix that before April. It's really simple and pretty and makes me feel special. I'm excited.

--------


The only problem with this dress is that it has no sleeves. I am a little concerned that it will be a little chilly in April in Asheville. But I have the solution.



I'm not sure yet if this will match my dress well, so I'm going to wait until my dress arrives and then take it with me to David's Bridal to see if I can find a matching wrap.

So, now the only thing missing is the veil, right? Well, I think I've found the one that suits me. Again, I'm going with simple, something that fits our theme. Once again, Etsy has come to my rescue. I found this pretty veil that will surely look beautiful with a simple up-do.


--------
 Update 12/12/12: Boo hoo! I knew I shouldn't have waited. The veil is no longer available on Etsy. So, I've looked for an alternative. I think I've found it.


The nice thing is that the person who made this lovely headpiece will do other custom ones. I've sent her an email to see if she could make something fabulous for my day.


Update 1/8/13: Yea! I finally found my veil. I was starting to get really disheartened, but at last, I found the one for me. I actually purchased it last night, so unless something goes awry (please don't let it go awry), I'll get getting it soon.


 The nice thing about this veil is that I was able to choose white and blue flowers, so it looks like I've found my "something blue" as well.
--------



I'm still thinking about what kind of shoe I want to wear. I actually just recently got a bucket of shoes from a coworker. The cheapskate in me is going to see if one of those pairs will work with my dress. If not, I'm sure I'll find the perfect pair of shoes. I'm not going to worry about those at this moment, as I know shoes won't be that difficult (I hope).

--------
 Update 11/21/12: Now that I've seen what my dress looks like, I realized that I do have a pair of shoes in the bucket that will look very nice with the dress.


--------


Now, that I've found all my clothing, we have to get Cliff ready. Cliff isn't really a normal tux type of guy. But he had his own vision of what he would like for our day. Once the words "Interview with a Vampire" was uttered, I knew what kind of style interested him. So, a quick internet search lead me to the Gentleman's Emporium. We haven't ordered his outfit yet. We'll probably wait until after Christmas, but he's found the shirt he likes.



Of course, we need something suave to go with the shirt. Enter this vest.


And of course, we have to finish the upper part of his outfit with some sort of tie. And wouldn't you know it, the Emporium has a great selection of those as well.



So, now all that's left to get are the pants. Sure, we could probably get a pair of black pants locally, but we really want to match it to the rest of these debonaire options. I'm so happy we found these, as they look great.



Ok, I've got all the fabric, now what about the shoes. Gentlemen's Emporium, you have everything. These will really finish the whole outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment