Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Officiant

I just put in the deposit for our officiant. Being that we aren't very religious people, we wanted to find someone who would be able to give us a beautiful, spiritual ceremony without bringing too much religion into it. We had been doing some research online for Asheville officiants, and the same few kept showing up in different Google searches. Finally, we found the one that seemed to fit. As silly as it may seem, when we saw her background on weddingwire.com, we thought that surely we had found the perfect officiant for our wedding.

Rev. Michelle Smith showed up in the spotlight for the officiant search in Asheville. When I went to her page on weddingwire.com (link here) and saw all the stones on the page background, we knew that we were meant to find her for our rock motif. So, I sent her an email and explained what we were doing, when and where. I got a response almost immediately to give her a call the next night. I loved the responsiveness, but after we spoke with her, we knew she would perform a very beautiful and memorable ceremony.

Now comes the work on what all will be said in the ceremony. While I don't like doing this all online or over the phone, I do feel confident that we will have a great wedding at her direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment