Thursday, November 8, 2012

Top of the Cake

My mind is just going in all different directions. I don't really know what the most important pieces of a wedding are, but I'm just putting things in here as I think of them. Today's thought process is the topper for our cake.

I definitely don't foresee having a big huge cake like this one:


We are only going to have like 12 people at the ceremony, and I don't really see myself having a reception, so I'm thinking something a bit smaller. My sister Jennifer has offered to make the cake for me, and since I'm planning on something simple, I'm sure it will be just beautiful.

Since our theme has to do with stones, I would like to something natural. I found this cute little cupcake display:



I'm thinking of just loading the bottom three tiers with cupcakes and then putting a "cake topper" in the middle of the top tier and putting a cupcake on either side of that.

--------

Update 11/20/12: I've actually found another cupcake stand that I like a bit more than this one.


It's a little more traditional, but still has a very natural look to go with our theme.

--------

Again, with the rock theme, I believe the best "topper" we could get for this stand would be something like this:



I really like the way this stone looks, and the site has so many options for images to choose to go in the center. I think the only problem will be deciding which image would work best. Then the two cupcakes on the top tier could be the cake we save for our anniversary. I certainly don't need to eat an entire cake top on our anniversary, so this seems like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment